Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October update

Well, I am back from probably the best vacation I have ever had. I flew out to South Carolina on the 9th to visit Derek and attend his Army Basic Training Graduation. My sister in law Krystal and nephew Jarison came along as well. It took us the whole day to get there. Our flight left SLC at 7 am then was unto Las Vegas.. I hate when they do that. Then from Las Vegas to Nashville (which was not disclosed when we purchased our tickets). Luckily we didn't have to get off just landed and took off again. Then from Nashville to Greenville, SC. From there we had to pick up our rental car and drive 2 hours to Columbia where Ft. Jackson is. That night I met up for dinner with some wives, parents, girlfriends, etc from Echo Co. Then Briana and I drove around post and figured out where we would be going the next day.

The next day was Family Day. The Soldiers were granted a on post pass. We had to rush the field and find them in formation. Sure enough I almost walked right past my own husband. It was the best hug and kiss of my life no lie!

Right after we found each other.

We had lunch at the PX which was super crowded. Did some shopping, went to a BBQ with our Echo Co. friends, and played at the park. We picked up Popeye's Chicken for dinner and had a picnic in the park. The park was awesome and Jarison had so much fun with his favorite Uncle :)


We had to have him back at the barracks by 19:30 (7:30 pm) It was super hard to leave him that night.
The next day was graduation. It was awesome to see everyone dressed up especially my husband in his Class A uniform :)


After graduation they got a off post pass. We went to lunch at some really yummy Mexican restaurant on the way back to the hotel. Then after we just relaxed for hours at the hotel. It was really nice not to have to fight any crowds to do anything. Then we went to dinner at Outback. Derek really wanted a good steak! Once again we had to have him back at the barracks. I kinda felt bad cause everyone dropping their soldier off were crying and having to say goodbye again. I was very lucky cause Derek stayed at Ft. Jackson for AIT so I knew I would at least see him on Sunday for church before we left.

The next day he checked into AIT, I got a text around 10 that morning saying I could pick him up at 5 and he didn't have to be back to post until Sunday at 6. I was so excited. We had heard that I might get to spend the weekend with him. I expected at minimal to be on post. Not off post and certainly not overnight! It was so great to spend the whole weekend with him. We relaxed Saturday morning by sleeping in and going to breakfast. It was great cause he got to feel Kayson moving and kicking around all morning in bed. We also hit up the local zoo which was fun but tiring for me being this far along.

We also got the chance to walk the grounds of the Columbia, South Carolina Temple. It was very pretty. On Sunday we attended the branch on post. It was very interesting especially cause they start sacrament with game scores lol. Sunday night we had to say our goodbyes.

However, AIT has been much better. He gets his phone every night for a couple of hours. On Sunday he had a day pass so we texted and talked the whole day. Only 58 more days till he is home for Christmas for 2 weeks and we are getting sealed during that time as well :) It was a great trip and I am anxious to find out where we are moving to after I have the baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment